Copyediting and Proofreading
Translation, proofreading and editing - all from a single source!
Have you ever developed a product pitch or an advertising slogan for a foreign market? Are you responsible for creating marketing copy directed at a broad, international audience? Often these phrases only comprise a few words. Their impact, however, is tremendous. As a professional, you know that every language has its own nuances, its own minute details that can make or break an advertising campaign. Wouldn't it be nice to have someone you can call who understands the market you are targeting? Someone who will give you honest feedback on your ideas and help you avoid making the linguistic faux pas so common in multilingual marketing copy today? For us, it only takes a minute to review a headline and offer suggestions for improvement. For many of our customers, however, this service is priceless.
For larger documents, in addition to proofreading our own work, we also offer copyediting and proofreading services for printed and electronic media created by third parties. In copyediting, native speakers proofread electronic and printed texts and offer suggestions for clearer sentence structure, more precise formulations, grammar improvement, vocabulary adjustment and the general "feeling" of the text. We also offer suggestions for the improvement of the tone of the text based upon whom the text is addressing. When proofreading we correct errors in spelling, grammar and punctuation and point out terminology issues.
Whether the text is monolingual or a translation from or into German or English, we have the skills to help you deliver perfect communications.
We can provide feedback in electronic or printed form. We can proofread a variety of formats such as MS Office, OpenOffice, Adobe InDesign, .pdf or .html. We also offer free telephone consultation throughout the project life cycle.
Here are some examples of how we have helped our clients in the past:
- Proofreading company and brand slogans and reviewing their impact on the relevant local markets
- Copyediting advertisements, marketing brochures, white papers and technical documentation
- Proofreading and editing corporate websites
- Proofreading fiction and non-fiction books
- Proofreading corporate communications, legal contracts, balance sheets and annual reports
- Comparing the source language originals with the target language translations and checking for consistent formatting and terminology, unit conversions, style, grammar, mechanics and punctuation
- Copyediting and proofreading service performed by an English-only editor from a target audience perspective
Copyright 2003-2012 - Cornillie Consulting - All Rights Reserved